Search this site

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rajasthan State clears higher pay for college, university teachers

With just days to go before Diwali, the state cabinet approved the implementation of the recommendations of Chaddha Committee on the revised
pay scale for university and college teachers in Rajasthan. The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot here on Wednesday.

The teachers working in universities, colleges and government-aided colleges in the state, librarians, physical education teachers and Sanskrit teachers will get the benefit of the revised UGC pay scale from January 1, 2006. They will get cash payment of the revised pay from this October. The arrears from January 1, 2006, to September 2009 will be paid in two instalments.

While 60% of the arrears will be deposited in the GPF account of the employee in the current financial year, the remaining 40% will be deposited in GPF in the next financial year. The decision will benefit 4,128 college teachers, 1,048 university teachers and 980 teachers of government-aided institutions.

The state cabinet has also decided to give the benefit of the sixth pay commission recommendations to the chairman and the members of the State Human Rights Commission. The chairman of the commission will get Rs 90,000 as salary; he was earlier drawing Rs 30,000. The salary of the members of the commission has been increased from Rs 26,000 to Rs 80,000. Here, too, the revised pay scale will be implemented from January 1, 2006. The RPSC chairman and members will also get Rs 80,000 and Rs 67,000 respectively as salary

Source : Times of India

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    http://grantsforeducation.info

    ReplyDelete