The All-India Kendriya Vidyalaya Teachers Association has urged the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangatan to release the salary arrears immediately.
The Association said in a statement here on Friday that the sixth Pay Commission was implemented from September 2008 in all Central Government Departments and 40 percent arrears in salary dues and other benefits were paid in the last year. The remaining 60 percent of the arrears will be distributed during this year. However, the teachers in Kendriya Vidyalayas have not been given the 40 percent arrears along with other Central Government employees.
In the Navodaya and Sainik Schools which implemented the pay revision, 40 percent arrears was paid last year itself, the statement said. The authorities of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangatan, which is an autonomous body, is taking an adamant stand on the issue, the statement said.
The teachers do not want to go for an open agitation as it is examination time. However, they will be forced to launch a country-wide agitation, if the Sangatan did not change their policies, the statement said.